We’re back, and this time we actually backed things! This is a discussion about the Backers’ first assignment, to back a project from the Art category on Kickstarter. Brian and Chris grapple with the expectations they had before examining approximately 300 art campaigns and how that tracked with what they found once they dived in. We are introduced to the vibrant economy of enamel pins, naked money grabs, lost Michael Jackson heads, and an ode to Marcel Duchamp.
- Catwoman licking Batman pin campaign
- Headstand cat anus pin campaign
- Teaching Millenials [sic] how to drive Manual cars! campaign
- Lost Heads of Michael Jackson campaign
- Vintage Skate-Vase campaign
- Why Pluto is no longer a planet
- Riding Light, this video makes me feel impossibly tiny
If you don’t wish to be spoiled as to which campaigns we backed, read no further! Otherwise, blaze on.
Second runner-up (and Brian’s first runner-up): Dinosaurs of the Wild West by Shaun Keenan.
First runner-up: RAW MATERIAL v.1 by Eliza Ivanova by Steven Morger.
Backed project: White Wanderer: A Climate Change Soundtrack by Luftwerk & NRDC.
First runner-up: Dinosaurs of the Wild West by Shaun Keenan.
Backed project: Solar System at a Date by Custom Generative Art.