Welcome to the pilot episode of Backers, a periodic podcast where we explore the most compelling campaigns in a random category on Kickstarter and each pick a campaign to back. I’m Brian Dupuis (@coldforged) and together with my cohost, Chris Rumpf (@rumpfy), we aim to inform and entertain… and hopefully back some cool things.
In this episode, we talk a bit about our intentions, define expectations and limits, and figure out what the heck we’re doing. Spoiler alert: we don’t actually back anything in this episode.
Please forgive the audio quality in this episode. We were still figuring out our tech and workflow and I had some serious crackle that made it into my recording. I tried hard to remove as much as possible, but much of it remains and is as annoying to me as I’m sure it is to you. Fear not, we worked it out for the second episode.
We talked about a whole lot in the episode. Here are some links you may find useful.
- The Kickstarter “About” page.
- Flint and Tinder premium men’s underwear campaign.
- Penny Arcade Sells Out campaign.
- Penny Arcade’s Mike Krahulik shouting Chris’s name at ducks, as promised.
- The Aeropress, our proud sponsor (not really… but we’d totally love it).
- The S-Filter reusable filter for Aeropress campaign.
- Project Giana campaign.
- Zeppelin Attack! campaign.
- Don’t Turn Your Back campaign.
- Reaper miniatures campaign.
- Massive Darkness campaign.
- Gloomhaven campaign.
- Two definitions of “biweekly”.